J.P. Carlton Wood chipper 381 mm 15″ Drum John Deere 105kw
The J.P. Carlton 2015 Apache chipper shares many of the quality design features of its bigger brother – the 2518 – while coming in a smaller, lighter, more compact size. Aggressive feeding is handled by the exclusive long arm pivot top feed roller. This long arm pivot design keeps the top feed roller close to the drum with a lift path that closely matches the contour of the drum – minimizing the dead space and “hang ups.” The dual feed wheels are powered by three hydraulic drive motors working on two independent circuits to further maximize pulling power. The 2015 Apache utilizes J.P. Carlton’s exclusive Air Vortex Control to channel and accelerate discharge air, giving the 2015 high discharge velocities and great chip throwing power.
- Massive 15 ¾” Top Feed Wheel pulls in the logs and brush with ease.
- Three Hydraulic Feed Motors provide the most pulling power available.
- LED Taillights mounted high on the infeed out of harm’s way. The 2015’s taillights have heavy-duty covers for extra protection. Wiring is loomed and soldered for added protection and weather resistance.
- Massive 505 x 381 mm (20″ x 15″) Throat Opening is the largest in its class and easily handles the largest tops.
- Rigid 3/8″ Feed Table resists bending under the day-to-day stresses of chipping.
- Dual Lift and Crush Cylinders provide crushing power when necessary and allow easy access to the anvil. Mounting these dual lift cylinders low on the sides allows for a full 360-degree chute rotation.
- Tandem Hydraulic System provides hydraulic fluid independently to the feed wheel. This system ensures the most power at all times to the feed system. By running this system directly off the engine, all hydraulic functions are available without engaging the drum.
- Optional Hydraulic Winch gets the big material to the chipper.
- Heavy-Duty 1½” Feeder Bar
- Hand Crank Swivel Discharge quickly and easily allows the operator to fill the largest capacity chip trucks corner to corner, or direct the chips to a precise place on the lot.
- Hand Crank Height Adjustable Discharge Chute allows the operator to quickly adjust the discharge perfectly for any truck.
- 14 Ply Rated Heavy-Duty Tires
- Long Arm Pivot Design allows the feed wheel to easily and smoothly open over the largest butt ends.
- Weight: 3100 kg (6820 Pounds)
- Length: 5.36m (211 inches)
- Height: 2.54m (100 inches)
- Tires: 235/75R17.5 Ld Rng H 4805 # @125 PSI
- Axle: Dexter Spring 4546 kg (10,000 Pound) Cap
- Brakes: Electric with Breakaway Switch
- Hitch: 127mm (5″) Height Adjustable Pintle
- Fuel Capacity: 151.5 lt (40 Gallons)
- Battery: 29 HVD 950 CCA
- Jack Stand: 5000 # Cap Screw Type Swing Up
- Manufacturer: John Deere
- Number of Cylinders: Four
- Bore: 106 mm (4.19 Inches)
- Stroke: 127 mm ( 5.0 Inches)
- Displacement: 4.5L (276 Cubic Inches)
- Maximum RPM: 2400 RPM
- Horsepower: 105 KW (140HP)
- Torque: 398 Ft Lbs (539 NM)
- Cooling Medium: Liquid Water/Antifreeze Mixture
- Air Cleaner: Two Stage Dry Type
- Oil Filter: Full Flow Spin On
- Oil Capacity: 12.3 Lt (13 Quarts)
- Oil Type: John Deere
- Electrical: 12 Volt
- Gauges: Power view
- Clutch: Twin Disk 292mm (11 ½”) Over Center
- Drum Bearings: 151mm (2-15/16 inches) Pillow Block Bearing
- Feed Roller Bearings: 62 mm (2-7/16 inches) Tapered Roller
- Drum Shaft: 89 mm (3 ½ inches)
- Feed Roller Shaft: 50.8mm (2 inches)
- Drum Diameter: 635mm (24 inches)
- Drum Width w/Fans: 686mm (27 inches)
- Disk Balance: Precision High Speed Balanced
- Drum Speed: 2000 RPM Nominal
- Number of Knives: 2
- Knife Dimensions: 267 x 149 x 16mm (10 ½” x 5 ½” x 5/8″)
- Anvil: 50.8 x 511 x 12.7 mm (2″ x 20 1/8″ x ½”) AR400
- Drum Fans: 311 x 64 x 172mm (12 ¼” x 2 ½” x 6 ¾”)
- Throat Opening: 381 x 508mm (15″ x 20″)
- Hydraulic Pump Displacement: 38mm (1.5 in) cu/rev total from 2 pumps
- Hydraulic Pump Drive System: Dire
- System Relief: 2500 PSI
- Oil Tank Capacity: 68lt (18 Gallons)
- Oil Type: AW32
- Valve: DO5 Electric Solenoid
- Hose: 16,000 PSI Burst – Exceeds SAE 100R2
- Oil Filter: 10 Micron Return with Suction Strainer
- Engine Sheave: 4/5V9.25
- Jackshaft Sheave: 4/5V11.80
- Drive Belt: 4/5V1120
- Cutter Head Shaft: 89mm (3 ½ inches)
- Feed Motors: 46 In Cu Top Two 32 In Cu Bottom
- Flow: Separate Systems for Top/Btm Feed
- Hydraulic Drive: Live – Driven off engine
- Auto feed: Reversing, Digital, Fully Adjustable
- Feed Rate: 33.5m (110 Feet) Per Minute
- Feed Rollers: Top: 400mm (15 ¾”) Dia Bottom: 267mm (10 ½”) Dia
- Springs: Two 762mm (30″) Tight Wound Powder Coated
- Feed Pivot Bearings: Two 50.8mm (2″) Tapered Roller
- Lift Cylinders: Two 50.8 x 406mm (2″ x 16″) with 25.4 (1″) attachments
- Discharge: Crank Adjustable Swivel and Height
- Main Trailer Tongue: 76.2mm x 152mm (3″ x 6″) with 9.5mm (3/8″) wall
- Main Trailer Frame: 50.8 x 152mm (2″ x 6″) with 6.35mm (¼”) wall
- Telescoping Tongue: N/A
- Engine Channel Mnts: 102mm (4″) Channel with 4.9mm (5/16″) web
- Infeed Chute: 6.35mm (1/4″) with 50.8 x 50.8 x 6.35 (2″ x 2″ x 1/4″) tube frame
- Infeed Tray: 6.35mm (1/4″) Plate w/ 50.8 x 50.8mm (2″ x 2″) and 50.8 x 102mm (2″ x 4″) Tube
- Folding Tray Lock: N/A
- Discharge Chute: 2mm (12 gauge)
- Discharge Lock: 19mm (3/4″) Spring Loaded Pin
- Fuel Tank: High Density Polyethylene
- Hydraulic Tank: 4.8mm (3/16″) Steel w/baffles, spring and rubber mounted
- Battery Box: 2.6mm (10 gauge) – lockable
- Fenders: 4.8mm (3/16″) checker plate
- Feeder Bar: 38mm x 3.2mm (1 ½” OD x 1/8″ wall) – removable
- Radiator Guards: N/A
- Light Brackets: 4.8mm (3/16″) with hidden wiring
- Hitch Plate: 19mm (3/4″) Plate adjustable 127mm (5″) Up/Down