Cub Cadet XZ5 L107 Ultima Zero Turn Lawn Mower with 22hp (16.5kw / 679cc) Cub Cadet Engine and 107cm (42″) Cutting Width.
MTD sell over 13 million units a year
They have sold over 11 million Thorx engines
One of MTD best know brand is “Wolf Garten”
The Cub Cadet Ultima XZ5 L107 raises the bar in the field of zero-turn ride-on lawn mowers, oozing strength, power and quality design throughout. The latest steering lever technology combined with the extremely robust construction of heavy-duty components and high performance engine makes the entry-level XZ5 L107 the ideal professional machine for large lawns.
Cub Cadet XZ5 L107 Zero Turn Mower
- Cutting width: 42″ / 107 Twin blade mowing deck
- Transmission: Hydrostatic transmission
- 679cc V-Twin Cub Cadet Engine
- Rated power kW/min -1 : 16.5 (22) / 3600
- Mowing area in m 2 /h: 10.000
- 2.5 acres per hour mowing speed
- Side discharge or mulching option – mulching kit included.
- Grass bag capacity (l) : Optional 230
Equipped with a powerful 679cc Cub Cadet V-twin dual cylinder engine which powers the 107cm (42″) cutting deck, the XZ5L107 can mow up to 10,000 square meters of lawn per hour, reaching speeds of up to 12km/hour, which is around 50% faster than a front mower.
Lap bar controlled dual hydrostatic transmission and zero-turn maneuverability delivers the ultimate agility and control with smooth, precise handling so you can cut closer to obstacles and manage large, complex lawns without an issue. Cub Cadet’s RevTEK™ feature means you can also mow in reverse.
Ultra-tough components featuring a strong and welded steel deck and continuous square lightweight tubular steel frame produces a machine that won’t let you down. The electric PTO deck blade engagement helps to keep things simple. A mulch plug is included as standard giving you more versatility when cutting.
Safety on board the Cub Cadet XZ5 L107 is ensured thanks to the rollover protection system (ROPS) so you can mow with complete confidence, even on slopes. Cub Cadet’s individually adjustable comfort seat with high backrest and armrests provide comfortable and fatigue-free working. The open frame design leaves plenty of leg room, whilst the hinged/removable floor pan allows quick and easy access to the deck and engine for easy maintenance. LED headlights will keep you mowing in poor light conditions.
Cub Cadet zero-turn technology: Cub Cadet has developed one of the most powerful zero-turn product lines in the industry.
The unique 360° turning circle technology allows you to drive around obstacles with ease, and makes mowing more comfortable and efficient. With these models steerable, propelled front wheels, you enjoy greater stability and easy control. Therefore you significantly reduce your mowing time and get your job done faster. High precision thanks to lap bar control. The two steering levers with comfort handles optimise operator comfort and steering precision for perfect results, even in tight spaces.
Dual hydrostatic transmission. The double hydrostatic transmission provides you with excellent handling in any situation with mow in reverse.
Mechanically-welded deck. Controllers with anti-vibration soft-touch grip. Enjoy great user comfort thanks to the comfort lap bar levers. Open frame design. Hinged/removable floor pan allows quick and easy access to the deck and engine for ease of maintenance.
Individually adjustable comfort seat. High backrest and armrests provide comfortable and fatigue-free working with plenty of legroom. Strong tubular frame. 50mm x 50mm tubular frame designed for strength and durability. Long service life. Featuring a reinforced steel chassis and robustly manufactured front axle, the XZ5 Series shines brighter than the competition.
How the latest steering technology works: Driving forward: Slowly and evenly move both drive control levers forward. The mower will then start advancing. To slow down the tractor move the control levers to the rear to attain the desired speed or move the levers to the neutral position to stop the mower. Executing a zero-turn: To execute a zero-turn, move one control lever forward while simultaneously moving the other control lever back. Turning to the left: To turn to the left, move the left drive control lever to the rear of the right lever. Turning to the right: To turn to the right, move the right drive control lever to the rear of the left lever. The greater the distance between the two levers, the more sharply the mower turns. Mowing in reverse: To drive the mower in reverse, slowly and evenly move both drive control levers to the rear.
- Engine: Cub Cadet
- Engine displacement (cm3): 679
- Rated power (kW/min-1): 16.5 (22hp) / 3600
- Cylinders: V-Twin dual cylinder
- Fuel tank capacity(l): 13,25
- Lubrication: Full-pressure with spin-on oil filter
- Steering: 2-way steering lever with comfort grips
- Steering Wheel Control: Lap bars
- Drive: Dual Hydrostatic
- Control: Control lever
- Cruise Control:
- Mow In Reverse: RevTEK™ Standard
- Mowing area (m2/h): 10.000
- Cutting width: 107
- Cutting height: 25 – 115 mm
- Cutting options: 3-in-1 Option
- Number of blades: 2
- Deck Engagement: Electric PTO
- Cutting height adjustment: 15 positions
- Deck wheels: 2 Anti Sculp
- Mulch kit: Standard
- Grass bag capacity (l): Optional 230
- Grass Deflector: Standard
- Front bumper / Rear bumper: – / –
- Turning radius (cm): 0cm / 360° / zero turn
- Wheels (front/rear) (Zoll): 11 x 6 / 20 x 8
- Battery: 12 V / 230 CCA
- Headlights: Standard
- Hour meter: Standard
- Service minder: Standard
- Seat type: High back, with arm rests
- Seat adjustment: Quick adjuster lever
- Steering wheel: 2-way adjustable lap bars with comfort grips
- Tool box: Standard
- Mow in reverse: Standard
- Battery charger: –
- Noise values (dB): LpA: 89dB(A), LwA: 98dB(A), LwAg: 100dB(A)
- Vibration value body (K-factor) (m/s2): Vibration value body (K-factor): 1.0/0.5m/s²
- Vibration value hand-arm (K-factor) (m/s2): Vibration value hand-arm (K-factor): 5.0 / 1.5m/s²
- Dimensions (L / W / H) (cm): L: 203cm x W: 132cm x H: 114cm
- Weight net (kg): 267
- Warranty: 3 year domestic / 1 year professional (subject to annual service)
Compare with: MTD, Husqvarna, John Deere, Wright, Grasshopper, Ariens, Gravely, Hustler, Simplicity, Ferris, Snapper, Scag, Ryobi, Woods, Stiga, Bolens, Troy Bilt, Toro, Jacobsen, Kubota, Craftsman, Yardmachine, Troy Bilt, Husky, Bolens